Thursday, July 14, 2011

And speaking high-gloss paint on ceilings...

My last post was rattling around in my head when I came across this photo in my files.  I love the dark grey walls and ceiling that do not look dark and depressing at all when combined with the fun colorful rug and pillows and cheerful white furniture!

And the reflective surface of the dark paint amplifies light and reflects the light colors of the furniture, also helping keep the room far from gloomy.


This photo is one of my older ones, from before I was keeping track of my sources.  If anyone knows where the credit goes, let me know!

4 comments:

  1. I agree that dark walls can look really beautiful, although I once tested this theory by painting my bedroom walls espresso brown. I had a white metelasse bedspread and a big woven wall covering that had an espresso-colored fleur-de-lis on a white background, so I thought that would be enough to lighten it up. Let me tell you, it was a nightmare trying to get dressed in that bedroom. The walls absorbed light, so even with every lamp blazing, I couldn't tell if colors matched. I ended up painting the room a soft shade of ballet slipper pink after living with the brown for a couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As mentioned before, the reflecting light from high gloss furniture will create the illusion of much bigger spaces. Although furniture with appropriate sizes can remove clutter and provide additional storage space, the high gloss finish can change the feel and look of the light in any room. As of such, these furnishings are ideal for small homes and apartments. modern high gloss furniture

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely enjoying your website. You definitely have some great insight and great stories. try this website

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank for sharing such a nice informative post.this is helpful.i like it so much.Check Office Furniture Miami

    ReplyDelete